Select Page

You’re probably wondering if you still would get your commission check, and the answer is yes.  

You are lawfully entitled to your commission check as long as you earned the commission before your date of separation under the Colorado Wage Act. Under the Act, when an employee is fired or laid-off, but has earned a commission prior to discharge, the employee is entitled to his commission check. A commission has to be paid out if you earned the commission through your labor or services performed in accordance with your employment agreement prior to being fired. So if an employer is refusing to pay out your last commission check because you no longer work for the company, demand payment and contact an employment law attorney ASAP because you have a cause of action under the Colorado Wage Act.